Enjoy Your Visit to the Dentist with Affordable Sedation Dentistry in Wisconsin
Some individuals have had traumatic experiences at the dentist as children. Others suffered pain as adults. Still more were swayed by stereotypes in movies or parental horror stories. For others, it’s a simple matter of time. Today we’re discussing what keeps patients from the dentist’s office and how to calm their fears with affordable sedation dentistry in Wisconsin.
Whether you’ve been postponing a simple dental checkup, restorative care or a brand-new smile, now is the time to take care of yourself. Make a move forward to a healthier future. Modern dentistry offers many new tools and options that make necessary treatments not only tolerable – but even comfortable – using affordable sedation dentistry in Wisconsin.
Dentists who offer sedation dentistry are specially trained to relax their patients by creating a safe and comfortable dental experience. They are skilled practitioners that use commonly-prescribed sedation medications to calm people.
These sedatives have been in use for many years and been subjected to rigorous study. Usually administered by mouth, the medication leaves people fully alert and able to respond to questions, which is why the process is called conscious sedation.
What to Expect During Affordable Sedation Dentistry in Wisconsin
Sometimes referred to as “comfortable” or “anxiety free” dentistry, the terms describe the feelings that most patients experience during their appointments.
After a careful review of the patient’s medical history, the sedation dentist will choose the appropriate medication(s) and level of sedation to best meet the patient’s needs. Driven to their appointment by a companion, the patient will most likely take a single pill when they arrive at the office on the day of their appointment an hour before treatment.
More medication may be given depending on the type of procedures being performed and the duration of the appointment.
When the treatment is complete, and the patient is ready to go home, their companion drives them back and stays with them until they are fully recovered (about 4-10 hours). Due to the amnesiac properties of many of the medications, patients have little to no memory of their time in the dental chair by the next day.
Why Choose Affordable Sedation Dentistry in Wisconsin?
- Sedation will provide you a way of getting your dental treatment done while you are totally relaxed and completely comfortable.
- Sedation is achieved with the use of various oral sedatives.
- You will not be “knocked out”.
- Sedation allows you to be conscious and responsive.
- You will be very sleepy and relaxed.
- You will be able to verbalize your needs and wants.
- You will be monitored during your entire procedure with blood pressure and pulse observation.
- Someone will be with you at all times.
- The sedatives used are amnesic, meaning you will have little to no memory of the experience.
- You will continue to relax the rest of the day and into the evening and a responsible companion should be with you the following day.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to enjoy going to the dentist? You can with affordable sedation dentistry in Wisconsin. Call our office today to schedule a consultation so we can alleviate your fear of going to the dentist.